There is some confusion about the Y drive and how people from different companies can share documents when collaborating.
- How do I get the safety documents?
- Where do I find the vacation request off form?
- How can I easily share a big file with someone who doesn't have access to my drive?
The answer is all the same. The Y drive.
With many misconceptions about the Y drive, here are some Y drive facts that might help you understand its usage better.
Y Drive Facts
- The Y drive is the only drive accessible by all companies.
- It's currently the best place to keep shared information.
- The "General" folder has all HR documents.
- You can only access the Y drive with a Windows computer with a Moran login.
- If you have an email address and phone, but no Windows computer that requires a login, you cannot access the Y drive.
Y Drive Alternatives
If you do not have access to the Y drive (you do not have a Windows computer that requires a Moran login), there are other ways to gain access to documents.
- HR-related documents can be found on Moran University in the Moran 101 course.
- Safety documents can be provided by Jason Galoozis.
- Sharing documents across companies or sharing large files can be done with Dropbox.
Do you have a question that wasn't answered in this post? Add it in the comments below.