For thirty years, F.E. Moran Mechanical Services (MMS) has been selling, installing, maintaining, and repairing complex HVAC and building automation systems for commercial, medical, industrial, and institutional facilities. MMS was the first MSCA Star Certified mechanical services contractor in the country. F.E. Moran Mechanical Services technicians are some of the best trained in the HVAC industry. All MMS journeymen service technicians actively maintain their MSCA Certification through continual training and testing. F.E. Moran Mechanical Services offers 24/7/365 emergency HVAC services, preventative maintenance programs, testing, balancing, HVAC equipment installations, and engineering services. MMS works closely with customers to optimize equipment to reduce operating costs and equipment failures. They continuously strive to be an asset to facility management.
F.E. Moran Mechanical Services is active in the following organizations:
· American Society of heating Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
· Association of Facilities Engineers (AFE)
· Healthcare Engineers of Northern Illinois (HESNI)
· Mechanical Contractors Association of America (MCAA)
· Mechanical Contractors Association of Chicago(MCA)
· Mechanical Service Contractors of America (MSCA)
· National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB)
· Test Adjusting Balancing Bureau Certification (TABB)
· Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES)
· US Green Building Council
· Chicagoland Better Heating Cooling Council
F.E. Moran Mechanical Services provides a number of services to ensure the HVAC systems are running efficiently and safely.
Proactive Maintenance Agreements
By having a maintenance agreement with F.E. Moran Mechanical Services, facilities are assured that their systems are in peak working order.
· Reduce equipment failures, downtime, and lost production with regularly scheduled inspections by trained, union service technicians.
· Save money on energy bills while maintaining comfort levels by keeping equipment operating properly and efficiently.
· Extend the life of equipment with regular maintenance while reducing the likelihood of major repairs by catching issues early.
· Reduce the time and financial investment in tools, training, and overhead costs by outsourcing mechanical services.
Full-Service Comprehensive Agreements
With full-service comprehensive agreements, facilities can breathe easy knowing their HVAC system performance is the responsibility of F.E. Moran Mechanical Services. The agreements include repairs and preventative maintenance with fixed costs. Full-Service Comprehensive Agreements allow facilities to budget HVAC costs for the entire year with no surprise maintenance costs. With the full-service comprehensive agreement, facilities have zero risk. F.E. Moran Mechanical Services assumes responsibility for ensuring all equipment is in peak working condition.
24-Hour Emergency Service
F.E. Moran Mechanical Services provides peace of mind for facilities with 24-hour emergency service. An HVAC system break down could result in a multitude of problems from air quality issues to frozen pipes from a disabled heater; quick emergency service is a must. Day or night, if a mechanical problem arises, F.E. Moran Mechanical Services is available to provide emergency service to ensure continued comfort levels.
Special Projects & Retrofits
Whether it is retrofitting an old, inefficient HVAC unit, replacing chillers, installing a process boiler, ventilation system, or another special project need, F.E. Moran Mechanical Services has a solution. F.E. Moran Mechanical Services has a wide range of design and installation services for commercial, industrial, and institutional customers. With in-house engineers and a multitude of installation resources, F.E. Moran Mechanical Services has the unique qualifications to expertly handle a facility’s special project needs.
· Highly skilled and trained Local 597 Pipefitters and Local 73 sheet metal workers provide a high level of quality and consistency. Their continued education ensures that the installation is completed according to the latest standards.
· Engineering staff use the latest AutoCAD technologies coupled with their years of experience to provide cost effective, energy efficient solutions that often exceed project requirements.
· Special Project Capabilities:
- HVAC equipment replacement and retrofit
- Ventilation systems
- Refrigeration systems
- Piping systems – hydronic, chilled water, steam, process, and medical gas
- IT and server room air conditioning
- Cooling towers
- Clean rooms – design, installation, and certification
- Make-up air systems
- Tenant build-out and improvement
- Variable frequency drives
- Energy consumption analysis and reduction programs
- Filtration systems
- Lab and fume hood exhaust systems
TAB – Testing | Adjusting and Balancing
As a National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB) certified company, F.E. Moran Mechanical Services tests air and water systems. They also perform pressure and leak testing of environmental systems using certified, calibrated instrumentation.
BSC | Building Systems Commissioning, Re-Commissioning, and Retro-Commissioning
HVAC systems should always be working at peak performance. F.E. Moran Mechanical Services’ team includes MSCA Star Certified Service Technicians, NEBB Certified Balance Technicians, and licensed mechanical engineers to help building owners and property managers with commissioning, re-commissioning, and retro-commissioning projects. For over twenty years, F.E. Moran, Mechanical Services has built their portfolio of experience and extensively trained in order to provide the utmost expertise in this specialty service. They properly test, analyze, and adjust facility systems to operate optimally.
FHC | Fume Hood Certification
F.E. Moran Mechanical Services is a preferred LABCONCO service representative for the Chicagoland area. They have the experience and expertise to design, install, and repair laboratory and industrial ventilation systems.
F.E. Moran Mechanical Services has the expertise to provide face velocity and performance testing of all types of fume extraction terminals:
· Fume Hoods
· Biological Safety Cabinets
· Clean Benches
· Spray Booths
· Kitchen Hoods
· Dust Collection Systems and Source Capture
With trained balance technicians on staff, F.E. Moran Mechanical Services offers a unique advantage over other mechanical contractors; they can provide certification, analysis, modification, or repairs for special ventilation systems.
CRT | Clean Room and Clean Room Systems Testing
With the stringent needs and requirements of clean room applications, choose a mechanical contractor with experience. F.E. Moran Mechanical Services guarantees a sterile, particulate, and germ-free atmosphere. They have the resources to measure, test, and assess clean room needs. F.E. Moran Mechanical Services can assist facilities with air distribution, air particulate filtration, temperature and humidity control, lighting levels, sound, and vibration analysis.
Medical HVAC Services
F.E. Moran Mechanical Services also specializes in service and maintenance on all types of Medical Chillers and Air Conditioning Systems for Mobile, Interim and Permanent CT, MRI, and PET Imaging Sites.
Building Automation Systems (BAS) & Integration
For efficient facility monitoring and control, F.E. Moran Mechanical Services provides the Computrols building automation. Their full range of product choices provides an array of options for all facility types.