Interested in learning more about construction safety? Click here.
Edmonds, WA -- A 38 year old man was killed while working on a construction project at the Swedish/Edmonds campus.
The victim was working with a compressed air tool in a ditch when he was electrocuted. He died at the scene. Apparently, the worker made contact with an electrical line. Along with the worker's death, making contact with the electrical line also caused a mass outage that affected 890 customers, including the hospital.
Neighbors heard a boom when the outage occured. It is not confirmed yet whether the transformer blew.
Swedish/Edmonds used generators until power was restored, about thirty minutes later.
Washington State Department of Labor is investigating the accident.