Interested in learning more about construction safety? Click here.
Amelia Co., VA -- A 24-year old construction worker was killed when he was electrocuted on a job site.
He was trying to secure metal straps around rafters so the crane operator could put the rafters on top of a home being built.
"The lights flashed, then there was a loud boom," said Perry Cosby, a witness. "I had a friend get electrocuted the same way. The young man was on the ground, unresponsive, and there was a guy working on him, giving him CPR and calling 911."
The victim died on his way to the hospital. The victim worked for his father, and witnesses say that his father and other family members were on site when the accident occured.