Check out this infograph on how to be more productive in the morning. Hint: Turn off the tech and turn on the music.
Top 10 tips on being more productive in the morning:
1. Get good sleep - keep your room completely dark, put your alarm clock across the room, and plan important tasks for the morning so you're excited to get up.
2. Exercise - Just doing 30 minutes of exercise a day makes a drastic difference.
3. Do what you love - visualize how you want to spend your day and try to make that happen. Steve Jobs is quoted as saying, "Every morning I asked myself, 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today.'"
4. Use the 15 minute rule - Write first drafts in 15 minutes, don't question anything you do in the first 15 minutes.
5. Be conscious of good lighting - when working, keep the lights bright; when sleeping, keep the lights off.
6. Use the improv rule - Whenever anyone asks you something say, "Yes, and..."
7. Be comfortable with silence - Don't feel the need to fill silence. That's when we say things that we don't mean.
8. Listen to your gut - I never regret a decision I have a good gut feeling about.
9. Let go of perfection - Not everything will be perfect, and that's okay.
10. Let go of unhealthy relationships - We spend too much time trying to repair relationships that just aren't meant to be. Spend your time working with people that you enjoy working with - or at the very least - you work well with.
Check out this infographic from Funders and Founders.