Winter is a tough time for construction workers. The cold, ice, and wet weather make for difficult working conditions. Here are our top tips for staying safe while working in the winter.
Tips from OSHA
Slips, Trips, and Falls Prevention
- Prevent slips, trips, and falls by making sure there is always a clear walk way.
- Workers should wear proper footwear. Insulated, water resistent boots with good treads are a must in icy, cold conditions.
- When walking outside, take short, slow steps to avoid falling or slipping.
Safety When Working at Heights in the Winter
- Snow must be completely removed before working at any height. Snow can cover potential hazards.
- A surface that has weighted snow should be inspected by a professional to ensure it is structurally sound.
- Always use the right kind of equipment, including PPE, for the weather.
You Might Also Like...