Interested in learning more about construction safety? Click here.
In the construction industry, driving is a part of the job. Going to and from job sites and driving equipment around the site is a daily responsibility. The majority of on the job injuries and deaths are driving related. This affects everybody. That is why safe driving practices are a must.
Some items to note to ensure safety measures are at the forefront of all on the job driving:
· Maintain a safe following distance.
· Watch for hazards – check your rearview and side mirrors to look for hazards.
· Act quickly and correctly – after you have chosen the best defensive action, react fast.
· Be aware of the 5 characteristics of defensive driving: knowledge, foresight, alertness, judgment, and skill.
· Pay attention – no texting or talking while driving.
With these defensive driving moves in mind, protect yourself and your employer by driving safely.