Interested in learning more about HVAC maintenance? Click here.
A smoking ventilation system forced the evacuation of several Riviera Casino & Hotel patrons Tuesday night.
A fire alarm was triggered and evacuation ordered around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday due to the presence of smoke near one of the casino's showrooms, casino General Manager Rob Kunkle said in a statement.
The smoke was caused by a malfunctioning HVAC component in the casino's ceiling, Kunkle said. Casino patrons were allowed back into the area around 10 p.m., he said.