2 Men Electrocuted in CT Construction Accident

Interested in learning more about workplace safety?  Click here.

The owner of a South Windsor construction company and his 22 year old employee died on February 19th after being electrocuted during a construction accident.

Witnesses say that a dump truck went into live wires while trying to clean snow that had accumulated.  

"The driver exited the vehicle and made contact with the energized truck and was stricken and went down," said South Windsor Police Lt. Scott Custer.

The owner jumped out of the truck and rushed to the drivers side.  He too touched the big rig and was electrocuted.

A customer of Andrews Oil Company saw the sparks and told a company employee who called 911.

The two men were taken to LifeStar, but medics were unable to save either man.