LaGrange, IL -- On Thursday, August 2, 2018, a fire broke out at a manufacturing facility.
The fire department arrived when a fire alarm activated. However, despite the building having occupants, no one called the fire department. Instead, they tried to extinguish it themselves.
When firefighters arrived at the scene, they found that the building was partially evacuated and smoke was coming from a dock door.
After investigating, they learned that the fire started from laser cutting. The fire ignited when plastic was being cut by a laser and it overheated. The plastic dust and hoses in the ventilation system caught fire.
Nearby employees tried to use fire extinguishers to extinguish the fire but failed. A fire sprinkler head activated and extinguished the fire.
Subscribe: Get our blog in your inbox!
The building's contents are estimated to be worth $1,000,000. Thanks to the fire sprinkler activation, the damage was limited to $5,000.
Fire Chief Dean Maggos said, "The employees should be commended for their initial actions. And the limited amount of damage to the overall business can be directly attributed to a properly operating fire sprinkler system."
Before you leave...
Don't forget to ♡, comment, and/or share our article if you found it helpful or interesting. ⬇️⬇️⬇️