Reno, NV -- The Reno Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 3:43am. When fire crews arrived, they saw that a fire sprinkler had activated and contained the blaze already.
The fire started on the third floor of an apartment when a carelessly discarded cigarette sparked. The fire caused minor fire damage, but was quickly contained to the living area by a fire sprinkler system that activated.
No one was injured, but fourteen tenants were temporarily relocated.
Fire sprinklers installed in a residential property reduce the risk of fire related death by 82%. Fire sprinklers can stop a fire in less than 90 seconds.
You Might Also Like...