Man Mistaken for Burglar, Rescues Clayton Family from Fire

Subscribe to our blog -->  Click Here.

man mistaken for burglar rescues family from fire

Clayton, NC -- An electrical fire sparked at the front of a woman's house who was pregnant and home with her other child and four dogs.

The fire  was originally thought to be a vehicle fire, but was actually an electrical fire from an outlet near the driveway.  

Neighbor, Mark Pra called 911 and told the dispatcher he was going to try and wake the family, who were sleeping and unaware of the fire.  He knocked, but no one answered.  He then kicked the door in and rushed in.  

"My only thought was, they got to get out of the house," said Pra.  However, while neighbors looked on, knowing Pra was a hero, the homeowners thought he was a burglar.  The homeowner called 911 about a prowler when Pra entered her home.  However, since 911 dispatchers already knew Pra was trying to rescue them, they convinced her that he was trying to help.

Firefighters contained the fire to the front of the house.  "It could have been a lot worse than it was.  Obviously, there is a lot of house damage, but this could have been a disaster," said Pra.  No one was injured.

Read the full story here. 

You Might Also Like...

www.femoranfp.com/high-rise-fire-sprinklers/
Protect high-rise buildings against fire. By 2015, Chicago residential high-rise buildings are required to have fire sprinklers. Learn more about the Life Safety ...
www.femoranfp.com/residential-fire-sprinkler-law-delaware-blog/
Aug 7, 2015 ... Newark, DE -- A new law in Delaware encourages residential fire sprinklers for homes built after January 1. It requires education and cost ...
www.femoranfp.com/illinois-residential-fire-deaths-increased-2014-blog/