Clothes dryer causes fire in Maui restaurant

Interested in learning more about restaurant fire protection?  Click here.

Lahaina firefighters responded to a clothes dryer caught fire early Tuesday morning.

The fire broke out at about 5:15 a.m. on 844 Front Street where Moose's restaurant is located.

When firefighters arrived, the sprinkler system was activated which helped get the fire in the utility room extinguished.

Officials say the cause of the fire was accidental.

Damages to the dryer and the room were estimated to be $4,000.

No injuries were reported.

Story provided by:  www.khon2.com