Interested in learning more about fire protection for commercial properties? Click here.
LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Fire officials have ruled a New Year's morning fire accidental after it caused minimal damage to the kitchen of a Las Vegas Strip resort restaurant.
Deputy Clark County Fire Chief Erik Newman says a fire sprinkler activated and doused flames a little before 8 a.m. Wednesday after a bag of mesquite wood caught fire at Trattoria del Lupo at the Mandalay Bay resort.
Damage was estimated at about $2,000, and Clark County health officials inspected the restaurant after the fire.
Las Vegas-area hotels have sprinklers and adhere to strict fire codes enacted after a November 1980 blaze at the MGM Grand hotel killed 87 people, and an arson fire nearly three months later at the Las Vegas Hilton killed eight people.
Read More at: http://www.foxreno.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.nv/34ff60a0-www.foxreno.com.shtml#.UsbY77QSZ8E