Are you interested in learning about fire sprinkler inspections to ensure your fire sprinkler pipes are well insulated? Click here.
With freezing temperatures sweeping across the states, now is the time that we need to watch for frozen fire sprinkler pipes. Here are some tips for ensuring that your fire sprinkler pipes don't freeze and crack.
1. Have employees stay alert and be aware of cold weather conditions.
2. Check fire protection frequently during the winter months.
3. According to Bollinger Insurance, do not attempt do-it-yourself repairs on fire protection systems. Obtain the services of a trained professional.
4. During annual fire protection inspections, ask your contractor to test all valves.
5. Have personnel trained on how to shut down valves in the event of a burst pipe.
By following these tips, your facility will be safe from frozen, leaking pipes.