Interested in learning about fire protection for residential units? Click here.
A man destroyed his mobile home and left himself and his wife homeless when he tried to blow his nose while smoking a cigarette.
Officials said at 3am the man was smoking a cigarette when he attempted to blow his nose. The tissue caught fire. The man dropped the tissue and tried to stamp it out, but the fire continued to spread.
The man and his wife, both in their 60s, got out safely.
The fire was out by 5am, but the home was a complete loss. The fire marshal is investigating, but it appears to be a straight forward cause and is not suspicious. The American Red Cross is assisting the victims.