Interested in learning more about residential fire protection? Click here.
A working smoke alarm and fire sprinklers installed as a retrofit in a single family home saved a teenage girl and the structure.
At 7:47am, firefighters were called to a waterfront home that had caught fire.
The man who owns the home went out for a walk and left his teenage daughter at home. At this time, it is suspected that a water heater malfunctioned and caught fire.
The home is insured, and thanks to the fire protection, salvageable.
No one was hurt.
"The big thing is they had smoke alarms. Everybody ended up getting out," said Deputy Fire Chief Marc Norris.