Neighbor Helps 2 Escape Nashville House Fire

Interested in learning more about fire protection for residential properties?  Click here.

A west Nashville woman rushed into a burning house, that firefighters estimated got up to 800 degrees, to rescue her two neighbors.

Everyone was able to get out of the home safely, but the house is a complete loss.

One of the women rescued suffered burns and the other had chest pains.

Cecilia Stanford got them out alive.  "I've known Ms. Lowe since I was a little girl and got her out of the house and brought both of them to my house and called 911," she said.

Stanford saw smoke coming from the home and rushed to the house.

Lowe and her caregiver were the only two people in the home at the time.

"We heard a loud boom and tried to move them quickly.  She said the dryer blew up.  She was consumed with smoke, so she really couldn't talk a lot," Stanford continued.

When fire crews arrived, the house was consumed by flames.

"It was a working house fire.  It wasn't one room.  It was hard work and a strenuous amount of heat," said Terry Secrest, a Nashville Fire Department District Chief.  

Fire officials want to remind residents that smoke detectors can save lives.  Make sure to have working smoke detectors in each room.