MSU Thanks Fire Sprinklers for Saving Students

Interested in learning more about fire protection for dorms?  Click here.

dorm fire protection contractorStarkville, MS -- A Mississippi State University dorm is closed today, following a fire yesterday.

MSU has fire sprinkler systems to thank for no injuries in this fire!  The fire sprinklers did their job, and kept the fire contained until fire crews arrived and extinguished it.

The fire started when a candle was left unattended. Candles are strictly banned in the dorm.

"The fire suppression system engaged in Oak Hall exactly as it was designed to do.  We're grateful to be able to report that we had no injuries," said MSU Vice President of Student Affairs Bill Broyles.

Students are currently staying at an on-campus hotel, guest housing, and off-campus arrangements.