Fire Reported at TX Fraternity

Interested in learning more about fire protection for dorms, fraternities, and sororities?  Click here.  Also, stay tuned!  We are working on a college fire hazard article and a fires in history article on a very interesting dorm fire - coming soon!

fire protection contractor 

Denton, TX -- Denton firefighters responded to a fire at the University of North Texas campus.  The Sigma Nu house had a small fire on the back deck.

The fire ignited when a bucket, sitting on the back deck, was used as an ash tray.  Someone tossed their cigarette into the bucket and it smoldered until a fire ignited.  Fire crews were called to the scene.

The fire department arrived, and, within 10 minutes, were able to extinguish the fire.

UNT police investigated.  No one was hurt.