TSU Student Set Fire to Dorm

Interested in learning more about fire protection for dorms, student housing, and Greek housing?  Click here.

dorm fire protectionHouston, TX -- A Texas Southern University student has been arrested after confessing that he set a fire in his dorm hall bathroom.

Video surveillance showed Kavon Lee entering the bathroom at 5am on the third floor of his dorm.  Twenty-five seconds later, the fire alarm sounded as he was exiting the bathroom.

The Houston Arson Bureau interviewed Lee, where he admitted that he set paper towels on fire and put them on the floor.  From there, the fire spread to other combustibles.  After setting the fire, he went back to his room on the second floor.

Lee has been expelled from the university and his bail is set at $20k.