5 Real Life Fire Safety Fails

Follow us on Facebook -->  Click Here.

real life fire safety fails

Fire safety seems obvious:  don't overload outlets, keep items away from the stove, dispose of smoking materials properly, and the list goes on.  However, these five real life incidents showcase just how...unsafe... some people can be.

1)  Man Runs Fire Over with Car (which was loaded with guns and ammunition)

A man lit his garbage on fire on his property.  The fire got out of control, so he ran it over with his car.  The tires caught fire and his car had been filled with guns and ammunition.  A sheriff driving by noticed the car on fire and could hear the ammunition going off.  He retreated to a safe distance and saw the owner of the vehicle. (via)

2)  After House Gets TPed, Family Lights TP on Fire for Clean-up

An Alabama family had their house TPed by neighboring kids.  After they cleaned up the bulk of the toilet paper, they decided to light the little bits left over on fire.  The fire spread and destroyed their home.

The owner lit a stuck piece of paper on fire and, "it just popped out into a little patch and we tried to put it out and it just kept going, so I was trying to keep it from going down the front porch and came down the bank and around the back of the house."  Within seconds, the fire spread to the backyard where a propane tank sat.  The tank fueled the fire further.  Everyone was able to escape unharmed, but the house was destroyed. (via)  

3)  Woman Starts 51,000 acre Fire to Help Bored Friends

In 2013, a woman threw fireworks into brush near the side of a road to start a fire in Warm Springs, OR.  The fire grew out of control and spread to 51,000 acres and cost $8 million.  She was arrested after posting a picture of the fire to Facebook with the caption, "like my fire?"  She plead guilty and said she started the fire because her firefighter friends were bored.  She was sentenced to 1.5 years in prison and ordered to pay $7.9 million.   (via

4)  Smart Meter Causes Fire

A General Electric smart meter made a pop sound at an Illinois home.  When the owner came out to see the cause of the sound, five-foot flames were shooting from the meter.  As it turned out, ComEd disclosed of many fires starting from smart meters across the country. (via )

5)  Man Sets Fire to Own Home Thinking it was a Convenience Store

During the Ferguson, MO riots, a 32-year old man set fire to his own home.  He made a Molotov cocktail and threw it through his house window, thinking it was a convenience store. (via

You Might Also Like...

www.femoranfp.com/man-causes-fire-while-killing-spider-blog/
Jul 16, 2014 ... Seattle, WA -- This falls into the needlessly dumb category: A man set his house on fire and caused $60k in damages when he tried killing a ...

 Frozen Fire Sprinklers - How Dormant Fire Sprinkler Water Costs ...

www.femoranfp.com/frozen-fire-sprinklers-article/
Learn how to prevent frozen fire sprinklers through a simple five step process. Call 847-498-4800 for details.
www.femoranfp.com/station-fire-video-blog/
Apr 3, 2015 ... Station Nightclub Fire. "Where's my husband? Where's my husband?" someone screams as a cameraman stalks nearby and hundreds of ...