1 Hospitalized in Chicago High-rise Fire

Sign up for our newsletter!

Sign up for our Fire Protection Press newsletter. You will receive articles on fires in history, hot topics in fire protection, case studies, and quarterly sprinkler activation reports.



Chicago high-rise fire sprinklersChicago, IL -- One person was injured when an electrical fire broke out in a Chicago high-rise.

The electrical fire occurred when an electrical panel malfunctioned in the basement of an apartment building on West Monroe.  The fire was reported on Saturday afternoon.

A ComEd worker was taken to Northwestern Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. 

It has not been reported whether fire sprinklers were installed in this Chicago high-rise.

If you have more information on this fire, click here to contact our editor.