Fire Reported at College Dorm

Interested in learning more about dorm for protection?  Click here.

dorm fire protectionGreensboro, NC -- Firefighters responded to a fire in a men's dorm at Greensboro College.

The fire was reported on the first floor of a men's dormitory in the lobby.  The fire was quickly extinguished and the dormitory hall was quickly evacuated.

Fire was confined to the lobby, but smoke filled the entire building.  A damage estimate was not available Thursday night.

The fire was started when someone put flammable materials in a garbage can.  The trash in the can then ignited.

Students are being relocated to other dorms.