Mom Saves her Family from Fire with Pre-dawn Gym Trip

Follow us on Facebook!  Click here.

residential fireA mom heading to the gym at 4:00am found a fire in her garage, right below her children's bedrooms. 

She woke her family - her husband and 1, 3, and 6 year old children - and got them safely out of the house.  The fire broke out in the garage for an unknown reason and was raging by the time firefighters arrived.

"If she didn't alert the sleeping kids in the bedroom above, we would have a whole different story here.  They got really lucky here," said Airmont Fire Inspector Kim Webbler.  The home did not have working smoke detectors.

The home sustained heat and smoke damage throughout and the garage contained major fire damage.

No one was injured.

Go mom!

See the original story here.

 

Get our blogs in your inbox.  Fill out the short form below.

Sign-up to get our blog in your inbox!