A writer for the Gothamist wrote about her experience of losing her home to a fire, how she worked to rebuild, and what lessons she learned from the fire.
A month ago, Rebecca Fishbein, a writer for the Gothamist, lost her apartment in a fire. In the middle of the night she and her roommate were awoken to a neighbor knocking on her door and smoke pouring into her home. A fire had ignited from an electrical malfunction in the hardware store below her apartment. As firefighters battled the 2-alarm fire, they broke through her windows and tore down her walls. She was permanently smoked out of her home in Brooklyn.
No smoke detectors sounded. Read her tips and lessons learned here.
You Might Also Like....