Everett Toys R Us Catches Fire on Black Friday

Follow us on LinkedIn --> CLICK HERE!

Everett Toys R Us Catches Fire on Black Friday | F.E. Moran Fire Protection

Everett, WA -- On Black Friday, eager shoppers had quite the surprise when a fire ignited, sending everyone out into the cold.

The Everett Mall had a fire ignite in the storage room when batteries being stored in a bin spontaneously combusted.  Because it was Black Friday, both employees and shoppers were in the building at the time of the fire.

Luckily, the Everett Fire Department arrived at the scene quickly and fire sprinklers activated.  The fire was contained to the stock room before firefighters even arrived, and no employees or customers were harmed.  

Assistant Fire Marshal Eric Hicks said there was a report of, "popping from the stockroom.  Employees tried to use extinguishers on the fire, could not get it out, and decided to evacuate."

It has not yet been announced how large the fire was or how much damage was incurred. 

Read the original story here. 

You Might Also Like...

 Protecting Shopping Malls Against Fire: Could your mall have frozen ...

A LOOK BACK: 1994 Logan Valley Mall Fire 

Illinois Malls Are Protected From Fire with the Very Important ...