The Top Christmas Gift of the Year is Catching Fire, Literally

Subscribe to get our blog posts in your inbox --> Click Here.

Top Christmas Gift of the Year is Catching Fire | F.E. Moran Fire Protection

Hoverboards are the most popular Christmas gift of the year.  However, if you're following the news, you know that they aren't just on fire in the retail world - they are literally catching on fire.

The issue arising with hoverboards is the lithium-polymer battery.  It doesn't take much for this type of battery to catch fire.  In fact, they are so dangerous, airlines are now banning hoverboards from flight.

Several retailers have stopped selling hoverboards.  In fact, Amazon sent a message to UK customers that bought the board and requested that they dispose of the item as soon as possible for a full refund.

How appropriate that the first safety guidance warning about hoverboards came on Back to the Future Day?   At that time, a hoverboard had already exploded and another caught fire in a bedroom.  It is estimated that 50% of hoverboards sold could pose a risk of explosion.

You Might Also Like...

Fire Forces Evacuation at Senior Living Complex 

NFSA Warns Families of Winter Fire Risks