Waukesha County -- A fire in a condo building has displaced several families a week before Christmas.
The fire happened at 10:30am on Thursday, December 17. The fire started in a van, but by the time firefighters arrived , the van was fully engulfed in the condo parking garage. Wind blew the fire to the second floor of the eight-unit building.
Fire crews attemped to put the fire out, but the wind was so strong that they had to go into defensive mode. "Because of the wind, the velocity of the wind and pushing the fire, we wanted to be safe -- so we moved them, all the units to the club house, just to be safe in case the fire extended to another building, " said Kevin Keith, Chief of the Lake County Fire Department.
First floor units are heavily damaged and second floor units are a total loss. Read more here.
You Might Also Like....