Massive Fire Caused by Cooking Fried Chicken

Follow us on Facebook --> Click Here.

Massive Fire Caused by Cooking Fried Chicken

Emmett, MI -- Six fire crews reported to a fire at 5:30am on Tuesday morning when an apartment complex experienced a massive fire.

An investigation shows that the fire started in one apartment when the resident was making fried chicken in a crockpot and the oil caught fire.  Smoke alarms quickly alerted residents to the fire and the neighbors were able to escape.  However, one person needed to be rescued from the third floor after being trapped in his apartment by thick smoke.

No injuries were reported by residents; however, one dog did die.

Lt. Tony Geigle reported extensive damage to the back of the building.  "This particular building has firewalls in place.  That helped slow the fire a little bit, but the fire did breach the walls and into the roof."  The roof collapsed during the blaze, igniting fears of a complete collapse.  However, the building is still standing.

The fire destroyed twelve apartments and twelve others were damaged.

Read the full story here. 

You Might Also Like...

New Delaware Law Encourages Residential Fire Sprinklers 

Illinois Residential Fire Deaths Increased in 2014 

Markets: Residential, Industrial, Commercial, Hospital, Warehouse ... 

Residential sprinkler system suppresses apartment fire