2017 is over.
Last year was a wild ride with a new president, North Korea testing nukes, cryptocurrencies ruled, and so much more. The Moran Group had quite the year too. They had their 60th anniversary!
To celebrate the new year, we are sharing our top posts from 2017.
Our most popular post of the year was the Station Nightclub Fire blog and video. In 2003, the worst nightclub fire to occur in the U.S. made headlines. The pyrotechnics from an indoor concert caught sound proofing material on fire. The fire killed 100 people and injured 200 people.
Next up, our profile of the Logan Valley mall fire caught our readers interest as the second most viewed post. In 1994, a fire at the mall damaged 42 stores. It financially devastated several businesses. The NFPA determined that the main cause of the devastation was the lack of fire sprinklers.
Our blog post about the much-misunderstood 5-year fire sprinkler inspection caught the attention of property managers. The post even includes a 3-step video on what happens when an obstruction is found and a FREE e-course to learn more.
In Madison, Wisconsin, a fire sprinkler law went into effect and then reversed within 24 hours. The original post was written in February, and we wrote a follow up article on it last week. Find out why the fire sprinkler rule will never be enforced.
A washer for surgical equipment caught fire, and was immediately put out when a fire sprinkler activated. The heating element in the washer malfunctioned and overheated. We wrote a follow up article showcasing the top causes for hospital fires.