Careless Welding Causes Fire at Historic High-rise

Subscribe to our blog --> Click Here.

Careless Welding Causes Fire at Historic High-rise

St. Paul, MN -- A historic downtown high-rise has experienced a fire following careless welding.  The fire was at 16-story Pioneer Endicott Building - a multi use high-rise.  The building housed a chocolate store, liquor store, and a museum on the first floor with 15 additional stories of residential apartments.

The fire was in a building that connected to the elevator and roof.  Luckily, it did not spread to the main building.  Part of the roof was damaged by the fire and water.

All residents were able to get out of the building, and one firefighter suffered a back injury while fighting the fire.

The building was recognized by the St. Paul Heritage Preservation Commission in 1988.  It was built in 1889 by Cass Gilbert, the architect who designed the state capitol.

Click here to read the orginal story. 

 

 

You Might Also Like...

High-Rise Residential Fire Protection 

Some Chicago High-rise Owners Yet to Make Fire Safety Upgrades 

Fire Occurs in Unprotected Chicago High-Rise, Site of Fatal Fire in ...