Newstead, NY -- A fully involved structure fire at an industrial complex sent seventy firefighters to the scene at 6am on Thursday.
The fire took place at TAV Enterprises, which houses multiple businesses. The businesses all had very serious fire hazards present - an auto repair shop, a motocycle dealer, a landscaping company, and a paving company. The building also housed snowmobiles and race cars.
The fire started because propane and acetylene tanks exploded within the facility. Crews needed to stay outside the building because it became a collapse hazard.
The biggest challenge, however, was not the hazardous material, it was the water lines. Luckily, firefighters were able to make significant progress and stomped out the fire within two hours.
No one was inside the building when it caught fire and no one was injured.
The fire caused $1 million in damages.
You Might Also Like...