Gilbert, AZ -- After an investigation, it was determined that the destructive five-alarm fire that broke out at a Gilbert, AZ apartment complex was an accident.
Gilbert Fire and Rescue investigators and agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives discovered that a torch used by workers doing construction caused the fire. Investigators determined that the only heat source used at the under construction complex was the torch at the time of the fire.
The fire drew more than one hundred firefighters on Saturday. Heat from the fire was so intense that it damaged streets and neighborhoods.
You Might Also Like...