An assisted living facility was saved by fire sprinklers when a fire broke out on Tuesday morning, causing residents to evacuate.
Investigators believe that the fire started from an electric bed.
The staff quickly evacuated all 50 patients and brought them to an adjacent parking lot. In addition, they shut the door to the room where the fire originated. The staff was able to to do this all before firefighters arrived 4 minutes after the alarms sounded.
The fire also activated fire sprinklers, putting out the fire within 3-5 minutes. The water and fire damage was very limited thanks to the quick response.
No one was displaced and no one lived in the room where the fire originated.
You Might Also Like....