2 Hospitalized After Apartment Fire at Senior Complex

Follow our blog -->  Click Here.

2 Hospitalized After Apartment Fire

Somers, CT -- The Somers Fire Department responded to an apartment fire early Sunday at a senior living complex.

Fire Chief John Roache reported that he responded to an automatic fire alarm at 1:04am where firefighters found heavy smoke in a second floor apartment.  The fire was contained to the point of origin thanks to a fire sprinkler activation.  Firefighters were able to put out the remainder of the fire.

The tenant in that apartment was rescued and transported to Johnson Memorial Hospital.

Another tenant of the building was injured during the evacuation.

The fire is believed to have been electrical.

Click here to read the original story. 


You Might Also Like....

Jun 17, 2016 ... Pensacola, FL -- Approximately 100 residents of a senior living complex were evacuated after a fire ignited in the building. Escambia County ...
May 5, 2015 ... A fire Sunday morning at a senior living facility was contained by a single sprinkler head. The Hibbing Fire Department reported that they ...
Jan 20, 2015 ... Westland, MI -- Residents of a senior living center in Michigan were evacuated after a fire broke out in one of the apartments o