Honolulu -- Discarded smoking materials are to blame for a high-rise fire that was knocked out by fire sprinklers.
The fire started on the 15th floor of a 42-story high-rise when smoking materials were inappropriately discarded. The fire caused $21,000 in damages.
Firefighters arrived at 4:36pm and saw smoke coming from the building. When firefighters entered the unit, an activated fire sprinkler had already extinguished the fire.
No one was home at the time of the fire, and no one was injured. Residents all evacuated safely.
You Might Also Like...
Mar 29, 2016 ... Evanston, IL -- A high-rise fire ignited in Evanston when an invalid resident and guest accidentally started a kitchen fire. Luckily, the building ...
When a 32-story high-rise in the center of the financial district quickly turned into a towering inferno, it showed just how important fire protection truly is. As it so ...