Scarsborough -- A few weeks ago a fire ignited in a bathroom of a brand new, 12-unit apartment complex. The building was fully occupied and had only been built a few months earlier.
The fire started in a bathroom shortly after a tenant left for work. The fire quickly triggered a local smoke detector, and soon after that, a fire sprinkler. Once the fire sprinkler activated, the fire department was notified.
The fire was extinguished by the time the fire department arrived. When firefighters arrived, all they needed to do was turn off the fire sprinklers and mop up the water.
No one was displaced. No one was injured.
Click the link below to learn about the fire sprinkler code that has saved so many lives in Scarsborough.
You Might Also Like...