My bathroom sink drain clogs constantly. It has come to the point that every time my husband shaves, I hand him the $2 white, plastic snare. One shave, and no water goes down the sink. It’s ridiculous.
I am not a fan of harsh chemicals, so I choose not to use drain cleaners. I have a baby and prefer alternative solutions that wouldn’t hurt him if he accidentally got into a product. I make my cleaning products and it does the job better than the store bought stuff. When I started experiencing plumbing issues, naturally, I started looking at natural ways to solve my problem.
Here are four ways to fix a clogged drain without harmful chemicals:
1. Use a plunger, snake, or wire hangar. I have found, for a clogged sink, because the opening is so small, this BrassCraft Zip-It Bath and Sink Hair Snare works miracles.
2. Greasy clogs can be cleared with dish soap and hot water. For this method to work, the drain needs to be cleared of water. Squirt dish soap down the clogged drain and then pour boiling water down the drain. Grease is eliminated!
3. Combine a ½ cup each of salt, vinegar, and baking soda and pour it down the drain. Cover the drain with a rag to keep the mixture in the drain. Wait 30-60 minutes and then pour boiling water down the drain. If this combination doesn’t work, try different measurement combinations.
4. Mix ½ cup of Peroxide and a ½ cup of baking soda, pour down the drain, and cover the drain. Wait 30-60 minutes and pour boiling water down the drain.
Give these clean living drain unclogging methods a try and let me know the results! Click here to email me your experience.
- Coal-Fired Power Plants: Additional Hazards Require Additional Solutions June 24, 2020
- VIDEO: The Station Nightclub Fire June 22, 2020
- How Does a Pre-action Fire Protection System Work? March 17, 2019