NC Judge Issues Injunction in Motel Deaths
Are you interested in learning about F.E. Moran's HVAC services in Illinois? Click here.
A judge has ordered that a North Carolina plumbing, heating, and fire sprinkler contractor never work again after a used water heater killed three people at a Boone motel.
Carbon monoxide from the swimming pool heating system entered the room above the pool at the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza. It killed Daryl and Shirley Jenkins in April, 2013 and Jeffrey Williams, 11, in June, 2013. The carbon monoxide also poisoned Williams' mother, Jeannie Williams, but she survived.
Damon Mallatare, the owner of Appalachian Hospitality, was indicted in January on three charges of involuntary manslaughter and one charge of assault inflicting serious bodily injury. Mallatere's company managed the hotel.