HVAC Units Start Apartment Fire
Don't let this happen to you! With HVAC service repair and maintenance, facilities' HVAC systems will be in top condition. Click here to learn more.
According to Dan Fermil with the Chesapeake Fire Department, crews responded to the 2600 block of Harvard Drive just before 2 p.m. Monday for smoke showing from an upstairs apartment.
Fermil said an HVAC unit caused the fire, and damaged both the upstairs and downstairs apartments. It was under control within 10 minutes, but several residents were displaced.
Story provided by: www.wavy.com