HVAC Malfunction Causes House Fire
A house fire in Chesapeake, VA is believed to have started from a faulty HVAC system.
Heavy smoke and flames engulfed a portion of a 2-story home when fire crews arrived. The firefighters were able to bring the fire under control within 30 minutes.
Two adults were home at the time of the fire, but were not injured. However, the thirt minute fire caused the home to become uninhabitable.
HVAC systems should be regularly maintained and inspected to not only ensure that the system is working efficiently, but is also not causing a safety hazard. Click here to learn about HVAC inspection, testing, and maintenance.