#1 Cited OSHA Standard: Falling. How do employees prevent it?
Interested in learning more about construction safety? Click here.
• Guard all holes within the floor, so a worker does not accidently fall through.
• Employers should provide guard rails and toe-boards around elevated open sided platforms, floors, and runways.
• Employers should provide harnesses, safety nets, stair railings, and hand rails when needed.
• Employees and employers must keep all work areas clean and dry to prevent falling.
• Employers must provide personal protective equipment for workers.
• Most importantly, train workers about job hazards and how to avoid them.
With these simple tips, employers can avoid costly OSHA citations and employees can stay healthy.